Monday 26 April 2010

Bread


I have always loved to cook. I spent a lot of my childhood in the kitchen with my mom. She was my best friend and we used to laugh a lot while we cooked - we even used to dance! My mother always said, "If you help make dinner, you don't have to do the washing up afterwards!" Me who hates washing up took that to heart and I learnt to cook with my mother. Even before I was of an age to learn, I have memories of coming home from school to a house that smelt of fresh baked bread, mom would cut us a slice - still warm, and spread it with butter and jam - delicious!

Since stopping working all day in an office I have been daring to try things in the kitchen my mother did constantly like making my own chicken stock and now bread. I have recently started making bread. I have to admit it is a lot easier than I expected - all you need is patience, something I lack entirely.

There are fantastic bread makers on the market (which I don't have), and ready mixed flours to make your life a lot easier - and they are fantastic. I am really enjoying the experimenting even if my waste line doesn't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment